Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where does the fuel filler overflow hole lead to on a Megane II?

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Where does the fuel filler overflow hole lead to on a Megane II?

Hi all,

another update:

I think (touch wood) I may have found the noise...

I took the rear wheels off and inspected the brakes - they were fine.

Checked the bearings - also fine.

However, due to the high winds tonight (luckily) I could actually hear the noise with the car stationary...I managed to trace the noise to the rear beam (not actually sure what it's for but it's in front of the back wheels and goes across the width of the car).

At each end of this beam is a large hole. I blew into them, which made the EXACT noise that's been sending me insane over the past couple of weeks...

So, for a quick fix to see if that's the source, I wrapped the beam at each end in a cloth and gaffer taped it tight.

Went out for a drive (again in high winds) and the noise was not present!

I'm not getting my hopes up because I've attempted to get rid of this noise so many times without success that I'm completely pessimistic about it....

Only time will tell

While on the subject of noises, something seems to have come loose behind the steering wheel and rattles over bumps... any thoughts?

Currently in andyellis111's garage:
2014 Renault Megane Sport Tourer 1.6dci 130 GT Line TomTom SS with black and cream leather heated seats
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome