Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this typical Renault dealer service ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Is this typical Renault dealer service ?

Hi everyone.
Can anyone tell me if this is typical of the service I should expect to get from a Renault main dealer ?
9th August - visited my local Renault dealer and paid a deposit on a 2004 Scenic 1.6 Expression. (24000 miles) Noticed that the offside rear window blind was broken and the salesman said he would have it fixed.
11th August - went to collect the car at 3pm as arranged. I was told the saleman had just gone out to tax the car. The salesman arrived back about 3.30pm and we completed the paperwork. Went to the car and the blind was still broken. The saleman said that the part had been ordered and to bring the car back on the 19th to have it fitted.
12th August - on checking the car the next day I found that I couldn't attach the rear parcel shelf cords because the locating peg was missing - just a hole in the door. I then opened the bonnet and found that the sound insulation was hanging down from above the engine - clip appeared to be missing. Went back to the dealer and he fitted a new peg and a new clip to the insulation.
16th August - I found the boot light wasn't working - checked bulb and found that the light wiring had been disconnected - reconnected the wiring plug and now works ok. It rained today and when I used the wipers I found that the windscreen appeared to have been polished ! - I had to use meths to remove the polish. Wipers still useless.
19th August - Back to the dealer to have blind fitted. New wiper blades fitted.
25th August - went on my first long journey and after about 50 miles the drivers seat started creaking when the car hit bumps in the road - very, very annoying !. Then the engine started to hesitate when pulling away in first gear.
Used the car for the first time in darkness and thought I would check the lights before I made the return journey. The rear nearside foglight doesn't work - checked the bulb which was ok but replaced it anyway but still not working - wiring fault ?
I would appeciate your comments on what to do next as the dealer doesn't appear to have made a very good pre delivery check.
Will keep you updated.
Currently in rpjjuk's garage:
Crap 2004 Scenic 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by rpjjuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic rear fog lights. Electronics Miller1 4 9787 21st September 2006 05:53 PM
Is this typical Renault dealer service ? Cars & motoring Lagdti 11 2424 27th August 2006 10:41 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome