Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Jammed fuel cap - Renault Megane CC

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 19th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Jammed fuel cap - Renault Megane CC

Originally Posted by esuhe View Post
Sorry it might be a bit late now but I've taken a couple of photos to help if not you the next person to stumble across this problem.

With the boot open put your hand in through the gap for the roof mechanism as shown.

there is a bit of carpet covering a access hole in the bodywork.

I've stuck my phone in and tried to take a photo of what your feeling for.

please excuse the drawing I'm trying to illustrate it has more of a lug on top this is what I pulled to release the fuel cap.

Hope this helps, and my pictures work.

PS I still haven't tried to make it lock again its not a major problem where my car is normally parked.

Thank you soooooo much for the post and especially for the pics! I've just prayed I could get home to find something like this. I knew I could count on you guys to have solved the problem.

I'm not sure if my will lock again either but I don't really care to be honest I would rather be able to put fuel in when I really need to than worry if someone is stealing some. I've sprayed it with WD40 so it should be fine for a while. A point I might add though is mine has been playing up for a while but always eventually opening till now. I noticed the last time I used wd on it it wouldn't lock for a bit but it then went back to normal so maybe at first it's too slippy to lock.

Cheers your a star!!! I'm off to fill up

Currently in garryvincent's garage:
2004 Renault Megane CC II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome