Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #180 of (permalink) Old 27th August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
No.1 ********s posing on mobile phones.

No.2 Tailgaters.

Why does ANYBODY (including the Police) hold a mobile phone while driving ?
Unless you get it from a 'guy in a pub', it is impossible to buy/rent a mobile phone without a hands-free kit of some description.
Worst of the lot are the ones holding the phone in their right hand and letting go of the steering wheel to change gears !

I was once knocked off a m/cycle on the m66. I was in the third lane of 4 passing the m60 junction when 'Roger the Rep' came past in lane 4 with his phone against his LEFT ear, holding it in his RIGHT hand ! This ******** then decided to get off the m66 to go up the m60. The rest, as they say, is history.
Totally oblivious to my presence due to the fact he couldn't turn his head to look, he moved quickly to the left and clipped my front wheel with his rear bumper. Body surfing down a m/way at 70mph is not an experience I'd care to repeat.

30 fixed penalty ? Bloody useless. (especially for that knob who didn't even slow down, never mind stop). Nobody uses a hand-held mobile phone by accident - it is a deliberate and conscious act - so charge them with DANGEROUS driving. So what if you miss a call ? The phone stores the number, so pull off the road and ring back !

As for tailgaters .... WHY ?
If I'm travelling at 70mph passing traffic they're not going to bully me into going faster. And if I hit the brakes they will probably arrive at their destination later - if at all - rather than 5 seconds sooner.
Currently in Renegade1127's garage:
1999 Laguna 2.0 Executive. 1997 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3LE DualFuel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome