Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #181 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
70mph on your a***?
Been there, done that.....mind you I was only doing 30mph . Still, it was the first and last time I came off a bike - put me off them for good.....big girls blouse aren't I?
Anyway, since I started this thread last year I've never been surprised at some of the stories that have been posted. Mainly because I've seen the same things myself.
Now and again though I witness things on the road that just beggar belief .
Last week, whilst travelling to work along a rural 'A' road, I noticed a Golf screaming up behind me and it ending up sat right up my backside. Now this was early morning, I had 4 cars in front of me and we are all doing exactly 60 but keeping good safe distances from each other.
But this wasn't good enough for the girlie driving the Golf.
After about a mile and in spite of oncoming traffic, she pulled out violently and overtook. I just muttered 'moron' under my breath and carried on. About two miles further on the traffic had to slow down to go through a village and I ended up sat behind the woman in the Golf and couldn't believe what I saw.....Hanging over the back seat was a mobile (the type you hang over a cot) and every 30 seconds or so the driver kept leaning over her seat to make silly grinning faces into the back seat......there was obviously a baby on the back seat .
She was so pre-occupied with the baby that she nearly hit the car in front of her. Once we were out of the village it was a case of foot down and yet another violent overtake!
Currently in AndyF1's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome