Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - 1.9dCi Auxillary Belt Tensioner Rattling*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 25th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - 1.9dCi Auxillary Belt Tensioner Rattling*FIXED*

For those thinking of changing the auxillary belt and or alternator pulley, or using a Renault belt kit, you may like to know (from a recent experience):

Taking the offside wheel off and peeling back the plastic wheel arch gives good access to the lower pulleys.

The alternator pulley on my '52' plate RX4 Dci needed a multi splined & torque star special tool to remove and refit. Search the web for these, Renaults own are pricey.

Renaults parts counter told me the above tool was not needed when I enquired, they were wrong.

Access to the alternator pulley (for removal/replacement) is easy with the alternator removed.

If you are using the Renault belt kit for the above vehicle, a new tensioner is included and you have the luxury of removing the old tensioner to fit the new compressed one. Only, when you are VERY sure of correct fitting of the new belt, release the spring control plate on the tensioner.

This is a simple job and can easily be performed in an evening if you have the right information about the altenator pulley tool.

Good luck
Currently in cakejake's garage:
Just a Canadian canoe because an RX4 won't fit (unless it's in pieces)
The Following User Says Thank You to cakejake For This Useful Post:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome