Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II - Electronics - Keyless Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th August 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane II - Electronics - Keyless Problems

Hi all!
Hope everyone has had a nice bank holiday weekend!

I have been away this weekend and I have been encountering a few problems with my car. I was on the way on Friday and stopped off at some services, when I came back to the car the keyless entry wouldn’t work but the car started without the card in the reader. 40 miles or so on after that the car told me to replace the battery in the remote.

Saturday morning I replaced the battery (only had a new one 3 months prior). Since this the keyless entry does not work and I have to have the card in the reader to start.
This stayed like this until Sunday, now I cannot lock the car; the buttons some times make the indicators flash but the car wont lock. The car will start with the card in the ignition but the whole keyless entry, keyless ignition and keyless lock (and also button lock) does not work.

I do not have a spare key to test with as it got sat on a long time ago.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem is? Faulty key? Faulty sensors?

Also, does anyone know how much this would cost me to fix?

Currently in chrisash32's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Sport II 1.9dCi
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisash32 For This Useful Post:
charlie boy (30th October 2010)
  5 Lastest Threads by chrisash32
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Its Bye Bye Renault i am affraid :-( Cars & motoring vass20 61 11312 7th January 2007 10:27 PM
Megane II - Electronics - Keyless Problems Electronics 4 4263 28th August 2006 05:56 PM
Poll For North West Meet Regional activity superbiatch 3 1903 14th August 2006 02:12 PM
Megane II and me have just been on an AA Truck!!... Electronics chrisash32 24 5077 3rd April 2006 12:23 AM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average... Laguna NickTT 373 163568 13th January 2006 07:27 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome