Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - 1.2 16v Misfire Information

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Clio - 1.2 16v Misfire Information

Had the same problem with the engine misfiring and the toxic light flashing a few days ago so took the advice on here and bought myself a new coil pack and spark plugs today, even bought a new thin walled long reach 14mm spark plug socket..

started the car earlier and the light came on as per usual. I read somewhere that if you rev the engine to around 6000 revs you might be able to burn off any excess fuel in the catalytic converter (or at least I think it said something like that, I'm no expert!) so I tried that and the light went off. engine appeared to be running smoothly, no misfires, so I took her for a quick 5 min spin and it was fine.

started the car a few times after that and the light didn't even come one. Left the engine to cool down for a couple of hours and it's still not come back.. hoping it stays that way although i'm gona keep hold of the parts for a few months in case the problem re-appears.

no idea how it's miraculously fixed itself but i'm not complaining
Currently in pinguRN's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome