Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Sat Nav Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - Sat Nav Not Working*FIXED*

Ive been checking through my notes and I don't have a listing for the gps item being grey. I do for the road map(cd) icon being grey. Can you check that it is your gps icon that is grey. There should be three icons together on the bottom bar just left of centre.

1 - The far left one tells you which mode you are in and will be one of 5 symbols:
- quickest,(clock)
- shortest distance (double ended arrow)
- use motorways (motorway pic)
- dont use motorways (motorway with diag line)
- avoid toll roads (box with tick)

2 - Middle icon is the map cd icon. It is a circle within a circle. The Renault technical note in Sep 2005 states that this icon may go grey if the cd is scratched or dirty. This icn should otherwise be green or red showing that the system has successfully placed you on the map, or not.

3 - The third one is the gps icon and looks like a television satelite receiver. This should either be green or red confirming you have satelite reception or not. You can test satelite reception using the diagnostics check in the menu. You will need the access code which is 4112 for every car.

I have switched on my demo mode and run it through a demonstration route and my gps icon stayed green throughout.

Another possibility is that somebody has replaced either the head unit or the cd unit. These units must be matched with the correct corresponding model numbers. If you can email me (see pm) your Renault part numbers - 8200 --- ---, I can confirm if they are a correct matching pair or not. There are about 12 different versions of each of these units but there is absolutely no way of telling them apart beyond reading the renault part number. This is by far the most common problem with these systems.
Currently in FentonGreig's garage:
2004 Laguna 2.2 dCi Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome