Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Are Laguna's that bad???

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Are Laguna's that bad???

I really WOULDN'T buy a diesel. The Laguna II is one of my favourite cars, i have three at the minute and all are petrol for a reason.

In my opinion, the dCi ruins what is otherwise a great car, and seems to be a ticking time bomb.

Currently, I've got a 1.6 and 1.8 and the 3.0 V6. There's a HUGE difference between the 1.6 and 1.8, with the 1.6 struggling to give any kind of decent acceleration because it's carrying such a big car. The 1.8 is an excellent engine which is returning about 34 MPG and still has a bit of poke. I'm guessing the V6 wouldn't appeal as you're considering a diesel, but if money is no object this car can put a huge smile on your face!

As for the problems, without the turbo to worry about, it's just trivial electrical issues which all seem to affect numerous Lagunas so there's plenty of help on here! The lock buttons have failed on all of my keycards - easy fix if you're brave enough to crack the card open yourself, or can be done for £25 over the net. Electric window failures are common - I have 3 windows that don't work at the mo! My 1.6 kept going in to limp mode for a while, the problem was sorted out thanks to this site - loose ECU connections. Basically ownership just consists of correcting shoddy french electrical work!

The petrols seem to be cheaper than the dCis as well. Each of my Lagunas has cost less than £600!

Just persuade yourself out of the dCi!
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome