Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Are Laguna's that bad???

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 29th May 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: Are Laguna's that bad???

Lag 2s really are lovely cars, and I'm willing to live with the niggles on a petrol one for the wonderful, luxury car-like ride and the amount of toys you get even on basic models like mine. But the 1.9 dCi is a liability and the 2.2 is prone to cracked intake manifolds...

I know being Mondeo man is in itself a bit of a turn-off, but they're really good cars, especially if you want a diesel - most of all because there are a lot of them about so parts are never a problem. Personally, I don't think the Mondeo rides as well as the Lag 2, and it's not as quiet... But it does corner better, the interior trim doesn't appear to disintegrate, and either is going to make a Vectra feel like a truck...

I've seen Lag 2 V6s with LPG conversions on eBay for pennies... If it weren't for the cost of doing the timing belt, I'd definitely have one

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome