Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Rear brake pad replacement

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Rear brake pad replacement

Have just done the rear discs and pads for a Laguna 03 1.9dci and remembered just how bad using a Sykes Pickavant ratchet tool was (particularly as on mine it doesn't ratchet any more - second use!). Had problems on the second disc as the wind back didn't work. Eventually resorted to a G clamp on the face of the piston while turning the piston with a pair of water pump pliers (being careful not to pinch the seal). Once I'd got it started moving back, went back to using the windback tool and it worked fine. Was almost as if the piston had unscrewed off the end of the thread.

Total time for both sides (in the driveway getting wet!) was three hours. The actual disc change was WAY easier that I expected - the bearings just slid off the axle with hand pressure. Had expected to need bearing pullers and a lot of brute force.

Undoing the hub nuts requires a 36mm socket (I had to go and get one as I only had a 35mm socket!) and I treated myself to a 750mm power bar - was easy as anything with no great force needed.
Currently in McBish's garage:
03 Laguna II 1.9dCi Initiale Estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome