Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #201 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2011
ade b
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - limp mode cure.

Hi Folks

I will try to keep this as simple as i can.

The problem... was my car going into "limp home mode" as stated in the Hayes manual.

1. Ignition warning light came on at around 50-60 mph along with the diesel glow plug light!! Followed by limp home mode.
The solution...After been real shocked how the car can go into limp home mode I did the following.

1. Went out and bought the Hayes manual from Halfords. (you could get a second hand one on e-bay cheeper)
  2. After looking at the manual and getting familar with the engine compartment, I took of the negitive battery lead.
  3. Then took off and cleaned the EGR valve and cleaned the housing on which its mounted Used Carb cleaner from Halfords.
  4. Then took off the MAF and cleaned that using Carb cleaner.
  5. Then took of and replaced the Air fillter.
  6. Then decided to take off the pump thats seated next to the EGR valve this is linked to the turbo and inlet manafold, that was clogged up with crap, scrapped all the crap out and used some carb cleaner.
  7. Then every sensor I could find I un-clipped and cleaned with some wd-40.
  8. Then I took out the fuel fillter and tipped away the fuel inside then replaced, opened the bleed valve under the fuel filtter pumping new fuel through, using the hand pump next too the fuel fillter (did not disconect any pipes, no need, the top comes off when you take the bolt out).
  9. Then i took off the Fuel fillter sensor and cleaned with Wd40.
  10. I had a service done oil and fillter and coolant flush, needed it anyway.
  11. Got some diesel fuel cleaner and put that in the fuel
The conclusion...The car is running great no more warning light or limp home mode.

I did take the car to a garage to get the diagnostic done loads of faults. they could not clear them all but this has made no difference to the car it's running great. i have not had the car long and it came with no service history.

If anybody wishes to see any photo's of the work i carried out i will be more than happy to send you them.

Regards Ade
owner of Laguna 2 sports tourer 1.9dci estate 2003 plate .........
Currently in ade b's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome