Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - grand Scenic '10 1.5 DCi - comments and questions.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
grand Scenic '10 1.5 DCi - comments and questions.

Hi all,

Not sure if this should be in the 'ask the expert' part, but I'll dump it here, I'm sure it'll get moved if needed.

The week before last, after many years of steering clear of Renault, I took the plunge and bought a Grand Scenic 1/5 DCI Dyn Tomtom.
I'd mainly avoided them because I'd had problems years ago with a couple of Renaults, and had had 10 years of maintanance, trouble, and cost free Focus/Fiesta ownership, so hadn't needed to shop around.
My brother in law convinced me that Renault had cleaned their act up, he's a tech for them, and has owned a few, without probs.
I am impressed with the tacile quality of the car, the inside is far better than they used to be, although if I get overvcritical I notice bits - the roof lining is not pushed into the door rubber properly near the drivers head, the lumbar adjuster is a bit loose - this car has only done 7000 and is as new inside - these are things that just did not happen with the Fords.
But it drives really well, and the engine is lovely - I hope it lasts!

A couple of things to ask -

1) The 'low battery' warning comes on the display - I initially thought I would report it, as it had probably been hanging around a while, and started and re-started without moving, but I've just made a 2 hour, mainly motorway journey to Wales, and it's still happening infrequently.
2) The Tomtom will not let me purchase anything, new maps, voices, etc. I've emailed them, and not got anything back in 6 days - anyone got any experience on this?
3) I wish the TFT screen would do better graphics than the 6 it done (greedy eh! - it just seems an easy thing to be able to do!) Anyone know of any?
Currently in Mozza1976's garage:
2010 Renault Grand Scenic Dyn Tomtom, '09 VW Polo 1.2 70
  5 Lastest Threads by Mozza1976
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
general electrics issues on a grand scenic 10 1.5... Electronics Mozza1976 0 1144 29th August 2013 05:41 PM
Grand Scenic 2010 clutch issues? Transmissions YOY 4 5115 11th June 2012 09:45 PM
Scenic '09+ battery contacts - how to get to. Electronics Mozza1976 0 1071 18th December 2011 10:39 PM
VW vs Renault... General Chat Mozza1976 0 949 21st November 2011 09:57 PM
Scenic 1.5DCi - doing fine! Cars Davegayle 15 15123 2nd September 2011 01:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome