Excellent any chance of showig or getting hold of some pictures to show the cnanging of the fuel filter as to me it looks an absolute nightmare as its just behind the driverside headlamp
I have just replaced the Fuel filter on my 53 Scenic 1.9DCI it was really easy it to do. Here are the steps.
1) Put steering on full RH lock
2) Remove inner front plastic wing guard, 3 pull out clips and 2 screws
3) You will see the filter covered by a black metal guard, there is a jubilee clip securing the guard so loosen off and the guard comes away, you will probably need to give the housing a bit of a tap upwards to free it from the bracket.
4) Get a small jug or bowl, loosen the bleed off crew on the bottom of filter and drain all the diesel (may need to tilt left and right to get most of it out) then refit drain screw
5) There is a torx screw on the top of filter housing, this can be removewd from the engine bay with long extension or i used a Torx attachment and some mole grips to loosen from the wheel arch
6) Remove bottom housing, empty and discard old filter, make sure all is clean an install new filter, large new ring goes in the housing, small new ring goes on the torx screw when you remove it
7) I filled mine up then with injector cleaner and refitted (my preference to give the system a good clean, the car runs fine on this)
8) Once all tightened again refit to body and reinstall cover and inner wing
9) Prime the filter using the under bonnet pump and bobs your uncle