Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #180 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2011
The Professor
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
Any commenst / suggestions or add ons will be welcome.
I'm still diagnosing this - thank God we don't need this car on a day-to-day basis...
From my (so far failed) attempt at solving the problem despite having access to a simple diagnostic program, my advice would be to check/rectify one thing at a time. Start first with your wiring checks - and don't forget the earthing strap between the gearbox and the chassis. It's hard to see, hidden away under the battery tray. Besides the connections in the engine bay, check the throttle potentiometer wiring and also the various wiring looms under the seats.
I wouldn't go buying new parts without first getting a read-out of any fault codes from the ECU . If it really is a coil pack or crank sensor problem, the ECU should have stored a fault.
To properly clean the throttle body , it's an inlet manifold off job to gain access and if you do a search, there should be a useful 'how-to' guide.
I've checked all the obvious things and have now got to the stage of sending the ECU away for testing. ...In a perverse way, I'm praying they'll find a fault! If you solve the problem, report back and add to the knowledge base!
And if anybody has a wiring diagram or logic table for the Magneti Marelli ECU , please can I have a copy!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome