Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 03 Lag2 Initiale Tourer or 08 BMW 520d Msport Tourer

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2011 Thread Starter
Paul Dengel
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 03 Lag2 Initiale Tourer or 08 BMW 520d Msport Tourer

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
My FIL has just bought an 06 530d M-tech saloon,and as much as it pains me to say it,it's a pretty impressive bit of kit.Personally I wouldn't bother with the 520d and go straight for the 530d,the 2 litre turbo diesel engines I've worked on have been a pain ( turbo problems,breather problems forcing a jet of oil to come out of the dipstick tube....etc....etc...).

FIL's in the tiptronic auto,to be honest the tiptronic bit is a gimmick and you soon give up with it.The engine is perfectly matched to the auto box though,and the changes/kick down are awesome.For a big car it does go really well and returns surprisingly good MPG figures too.The M-tech suspension and run-flat tyres make for a fairly hard ride though,I'd definately drive one before you make a decision as compared to a soft Laguna 2 it is a bit of a shock to the system.
I am thinking about the 2l thanks to the cost of fuel even though the 3l does have impressive figures. I understand that the 3l is a 6pot compared to the 4 in the 2l, are the problems with the turbo etc that bad?
Currently in Paul Dengel's garage:
57 BMW 520d (177 bhp) SE Tourer and a 51 1.2 16v Clio Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome