Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - Mk 2 - Not running properly

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Re: Renault - Clio - Mk 2 - Not running properly

Hi people im new to the forums wondering if someone could help.

Similar issue here, I bought a 51 clio 1.2 expression few days ago, seemed fine although thought it was a bit juddery but was taking it to be from my bad driving.

ive had it two weeks now and ive had 2 serious issues with it, going onto a the slip road the dam thing wouldnt pick up speed i originally thought i was in wrong gear but wasnt then suddently burst into life and jumped to 50 after only doing a steady 20mph

Other issue is less serious but from what ive read on here could get worse, it judders now and again, not all the time and mostly when its used first thing in the morning. it has stalled on me, but again wasnt sure if it was me or the car.

Ive been to a garage who said the lambda sensor MIGHT need to be changed..but ive also seen on here that people recommend getting a service eg oil change spark plugs get the hoses or injextors looked at as they might be leaking air which causes weird ticking over...

Also occasionally when sitting idle it sounds like the revs are really low. got this checked at the garage but of course it was fine then?

any help really much appreciated..also not sounding cheap i dont wanna spend alot on this so what would you do first?

Currently in gingeinthecity's garage:
2001 Clio 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome