Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice On Buying Espace 4 dCi Needed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2011
d'espace between my ears
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Advice On Buying Espace 4 dCi Needed

The 2.0 dCi replaced the 1.9 in late 2006, so budget may be a constraint. The 2.0 is a much better engine and comes with two different output options, 130bhp (which actually produced about 127) and 150bhp (actually 147). The insurance group went up accordingly, from 19 on the 1.9 to 22 on the 2.0 (130) and 25 on the 2.0 (150). You may want to do some checks on comparethemeerkat or confused and see what a difference that makes to your premium, especially with your limited driving experience and presumably limited NCB.

Interestingly all three options advertise very similar fuel economy figures although the 150bhp version offers much better performance.

When buying any diesel Espace a full service history is essential, walk away from anything that hasn't been serviced according to the book. A professional examination is a good idea too. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with these cars and sadly one of the most common reasons for selling them is a developing fault. Garage bills on these beasts are much higher than you will have experienced on your Vauxhall. Ideally an examination should not only include a full visual inspection and test drive but also a computer diagnostic and fuel rail pressure test.

Be aware that the standard wheelbase espace has no luggage space with 7 seats in place, they are ideal as large 5 seat estate cars but don't expect to get 7 people plus any kind of luggage or shopping in as well.
Currently in d'espace between my ears's garage:
Nothing French!
The Following User Says Thank You to d'espace between my ears For This Useful Post:
richard1980 (10th June 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome