Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - new megane coupe cab roof leaks

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: new megane coupe cab roof leaks

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Bought the car last September, the 2010 Dymanique 1.4 model from brand new.

Its now been repaired 6 times by both the dealership and Renault engineers.

This is no simple leak, mine some how lets water through the seals which collects in the backbox on the roof. Then when you turn a corner the whole lot comes gushing out like a tap being turned on, leaving a lovely well of water on the seat.

It really is dangerous as when it leaks above the driver seat it shocks you, then the seat ends up saturated and the driver is sat in it.

Its leaked above all four seats with the latest being driver rear seat. Saturated my six year old daughter.

Both the dealer and Renault have admitted that the roof has had microscopic holes in the seals that has allowed the car to leak, but by resealing they just keep telling me the problem is solved.

Am guessing like me, you have been told that yours is the only car in this model that has ever leaked!!!

Leaked again today so dashed to the garage to get the sales manager to see it for himself.
Currently in StuSm's garage:
Arnold Clarke Warrington
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome