Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Buyer's Guides - Review of 3 Scenics

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 30th August 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Buying 2nd hand Scenic in Oz

Firstly thanks for a great site
I am currently considering Renault's past offerring of their Scenic models [2000 to '03] here in Australia, so I am wondering whether I could get some feedback on whats good and whats not [what to look out for]..choices in my case are either the Scenic auto 2.0L petrol or Scenic RX4 2.0L 5 spd, in Privelege spec - some leather and roofs seem to fit what we want; all of this age seem have kms ranging from 50K - 80kms..RX4 won't get any 4wd as such, just like cladding for car park wars, AWD for driving in the wet, bigger side mirrors, etc

I am considering buying privately so I'm on my 'pat malone' as far as warranty is concerned [ie none]

I see reading all the Scenic entries quite a bit of stuff but if I could get a condensed short list that would be helpful..

Here's some of what i've seen from what i've read here ..

Auto - is sealed unit ? how does it get serviced/life expectancy, future wallet pain
Manuals shift - shuddering 1st and 2nd gear ??
Sunroofs - on both models - look for signs of leaks
Engine life - being 4 cylinders, when with normal use could you expect high costs - timing belts..?

So what else, specific to Scenic, that is a common issue that I should be 'wary' of...

Regards from Down Under
Currently in aussiereno's garage:
2005 Scenic II auto Dynamique Pearl Black with black leather interior with panoramic roofs
The Following User Says Thank You to aussiereno For This Useful Post:
xrgrands (27th April 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome