Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #121 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Update on my dashboard:
Renault in the Netherlands are fully aware of this common problem, but they are not doing anything for the customers,
They will fit a new one for 600 Euro, or send it to a lab for fixing for 300 Euro (one year warranty, and they don't make a profit here, just pass on the lab cost - they had no problem giving me the name of the lab they use)
In the meantime we had a weekend away in the Ardennes and the counter shot up to over 260,000 km!
And the connection kept getting worse and worse so that last week no amount of waggling on the grey connector would get the display to work anymore.
Anyway, the dashboard is now on it's way to the lab in the UK who repair it for 115 GBP with 3 years warranty, and meanwhile the car is anyway in the garage since the aircon isn't working (leaky pipe) the turbo isn't working (a ruptured air hose - I had a big sigh of relief when they called from the garage today to tell me that was all), and both rear windows have failed again after they were fixed last year. The garage tells me that the clips are missing (seems that the guy who changed the regulator mechanism for me under warranty didn't do a proper job), so it's off to ebay to pick up a pair of clips (my garage said you can't get the clips alone, but thanks to this forum I know better )
Currently in's garage:
2008 Renault Scenic Conquest 1.9 dCi; 2004 Renault Scenic II 1.9dCi ; 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 ; 1996 Fiat Punto 75ELX is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome