Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Mk 3 Front bumper replacement

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 16th June 2011
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,852 Posts
Re: Clio Mk 3 Front bumper replacement

Hi there.

Haven't used them myself, but having removed my own front bumper (off a seicento) just last week - it shouldn't be too daunting.

What I would recommend would be to wait until the replacement arrives, then use that as a template for removing the damaged one - it will show not only where the fixings are (and what needs removal to allow access), but also what type of fixings (bolts, plastic clips, etc) are used to retain it.

Saves perhaps removing more than is necessary or damaging any of the main anchorage points.

Offhand, I'd think that the front wheels & wheelarch liners will need removal, but hopefully the headlights can remain in situ.

Its also a lot easier to fit with an extra pair of hands, and place a couple of old pillows under the bumper, in case it slips off whilst fitting.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
The Following User Says Thank You to VelSatisfied For This Useful Post:
Chris Baker (16th June 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome