Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Towbar & Electrics

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna II - Towbar & Electrics

I have a 1.9dci, 2003 sport tourer manual. I have done 120,000 miles and just needed to repair the cogbox. I have towed all kinds of trailers, for about half the mileage, and some of that fully braked HEAVY gear. (Cherry pickers etc)The car coped very well. I use a lot of engine braking. (Anyone want to debate this? I reckon using the brakes loads up the gearbox even more than not unless you dip the clutch which is really bad driving) I fitted the towbar I got from Towsure in about an hour. For the electrics I used "snap in" type connectors from the LHS light cluster, but didn't bother with caravan wiring, and have had no issues. I did have to run one wire from the RHS. If you want to run a 12V heavy duty feed in you can go from the battery, although I have used a heavy feed for a different job from the heavy guage wire which resides under the ashtray. There is also in my car a 12v feed going to a cigarette lighter style socket on the rear LHS, these are normally heavy duty feeds. Hope this helps.
Currently in timddeb's garage:
2003 Laguna 1.9Dci, 2007 CLio 1.5 Dci 86HP
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome