Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #186 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Well, I'm off to the Autosparks tomorrow with my sons 02 plate Clio 1.2 Authentique that has had the loss of power and warning lights going into limp mode symptoms occasionally.

The plan is to get him to spend an hour or so and checl ALL electrical connections into the engine for chafing etc, clean ALL contacts and generally check everything possible to see if this helps or not.
Speaking to someone today and his comments were on several he's worked on that the earth connections are bad and deffo need checked, so I'll be asking him to do that as well.

Once thats done I can go from there and look at cleanin g the throttle body , Map sensor , coil pack leads and plugs etc and hopefully get to the bottom of this issue once and for all.

Let you all know how it goes.....

Currently in JimC64's garage:
MY2007 Audi A6 3.0 Tdi SE Qauttro 176bhp Stratos Blue, Front & Rear park assist, Comms Pack High, Sline grille badge, 19" RS4 alloys, Rear tints, Dipped bulbs 80W, Mainbeams 100W, Foglights 100W, Number plate bulb LED's, Interior bulb LED's, First Aid Kit, Bootliner, Mudflaps front & rear, Calipers & hubs painted. MY2005 VW Passat 3.9 Tdi Highline
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome