Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Incredibly Fustrated - Keys

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th June 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Incredibly Fustrated - Keys

Hi All,

I brought myself a nice shiny '03 1.2 Clio Billabong 2 weeks ago as an upgrade from my '99 Corsa B. Love this car, lovely little runner and quite nice bodywork...

That was until some little beep (use your imagination there) decided to put a nice deep key scratch covering my driver door panel and rear driver wing. At the same time they decided to let down my passenger tyres, which I only noticed after going 60 down a main road... There are some pleasant people in this place!

Anyway, best way to remove deep scratches? Ive got myself one of those three stage filler/paint/laquer kits from Halfords, hoping that and alot of buffing/polishing will do the trick. Am I doing the best thing, without taking to a body shop. Am also considering trying some rubbing compound after the cover-up is complete, just to camouflage a bit more.

Any advice would be great. Its incredibly fustrating, i'd only had the car two weeks!!!

BTW its a deep scratch too, gone right down to metal.
  5 Lastest Threads by CodeWriter
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Incredibly Fustrated - Keys Bodywork Recycled Scenic 3 719 24th June 2011 09:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome