Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

View Single Post
post #89 of (permalink) Old 25th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - General Advice On Interior Water Ingress

Originally Posted by Margaret Dawson View Post
I have an R reg Scenic and have always noticed a sloshing sound coming from the passengers side but never though much of it.
Now it is leaking big time - about 2 inches of water in the footwell under both front seats, soaked carpets and water in the storage compartments in the back.
I have read several forums and they all appear to suggest its caused by a blocked drainpipe in the sunroof - when trying to remove this pipe and blow through to remove the blockage the pipe was stuck fast and would not come off - I am loath to take it to the garage as I am paying back a loan of 1,500 for a new transmission I had to have fitted recently.
Help please!!

Hi Maggie

had same problem with my 52 scenic, which eventually caused the heater blower to rust away, the problem normally lies within the drainage cavity just below the front windscreen wipers, the grill needs removing and the drainage ponts on the left and right sides usually get blocked over a period of time and causes the water to hold in this cavity. and also fills the blower heater fan housing to fill with water as this is located on the left hand side, where water eventually spills onto the footwell passanger side.

Hope this helps
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome