Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Those Pesky Renault Dealers!!!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Those Pesky Renault Dealers!!!!!!

Just thought you may be interested.....I won't name names but I live in Falkirk...........!!!!!
Renault Laguna 11 (2002) developed a mis-fire - and orange emmissions light was coming on and staying on. Took it in on a Monday to my local Renault dealer, where they reckoned they would diagnose the fault. To be fair to them they did say they could not look at it 'till Thursday, but if I got it in to them they may be able to fit in on any cancellation etc.
Also wanted the non-working horn checked out (blowing fuse every time horn push on steering wheel was pushed)
Got a call late Tuesday afternoon saying misfire was being caused by faulty plug on cylinder 4 asking for go ahead to change plugs @ 5.62 each (26.41)....I did say I could supply the plugs - my local motor factor @ 1.34 each (6.29) but they pointed out better with Renault plugs as they could then guarantee the work!!!!! - Since when did Renault make plugs.? However went along with it. They reckoned horn could not be checked as this was on the air-bag circuit and circuit was incomplete - another story but I had told the dealer I had disconnected the air-bag computer module!!!!!
Duly collected the car - and paid bill for 121.59p - and immediately noted misfire at tick-over....went back to reception and friendly "technician" came out and said yes it was slightly misfiring but would probably clear on a run!!!!! I had to park car outside and call back for it later (when the garage was closed for the evening), about two hundred yards down the road yellow warning light came on again and off again twice, engine still slight misfire. By the time I got home (four miles) the yellow light was going off and on at will. I decided to park up and call the garage in the morning. I duly did and advised them of the faults. I did say i was prepared to give it a run and see if the faults would clear. Prior to the run I checked the plugs/ coils and discovered cap on cylinder one was slightly insecure - I clipped securely and went on test, engine fine and no yellow lights! However being a passive guy I thought que-sera and leave well alone!
Two days later got a call from "customer services" no doubt requesting high praise for their wonderful service. I did say well NO , I was not really happy with their service and where did they want me to start? Girl taken aback and I related the foregoing. Oh............she would contact the relevant departments and get back to me A.S.A.P. - two whole days later and no return call............are they only interested in PRAISE reports and not really in CUSTOMER SERVICE??????

Perhaps you can guess I DON'T particularly like "rip-off" dealers but nowadays it is often unavoidable not to call on their marvellous computers/diagnostic but I get the impression "mechanics/technicians - call them what you will" are really only spare part fitters on the whim of a diagnostic machine and when "computer says no!" they are really stumped!!!!!
By the way - horn has nothing to do with air-bag circuit and I diagnosed the fault myself - in ten minutes - to faulty horns!!!!!!!!
Currently in 100949football's garage:
Renault Laguna 11
  5 Lastest Threads by 100949football
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Transmission problem Laguna P6 gearbox 54 plate Transmissions 100949football 1 507 1st March 2015 12:50 PM
Laguna 1.9 DCI 54 plate NOW here is a teaser Engines madnoel10 3 1226 11th March 2014 05:28 PM
Laguna1.9 DCI goes into limp mode Engines flying clutchman 1 741 3rd February 2013 08:36 PM
Laguna Clutch master cylinder 4 in under 18 months Transmissions flying clutchman 9 5012 22nd January 2013 05:03 PM
2006 Traffic deisel van - lack of power Electronics thetreeman 4 4000 27th February 2009 09:10 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome