Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Bodywork - Sun roof leak - 1994 Clio

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2006
Andy Waterhouse
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've got a 1996 Clio with the infamous leak through the sunroof. I know it's the sunroof because I can see daylight between the roof and the seal. IMHO it's nothing to do with blocked drain holes (because there aren't any) and everything to do with bad design i.e. the section of roof between windscreen and sunroof is so weak that it has probably dropped those vital millimetres to leave the gasket gasping at thin air. Renault quoted me 48 for a new gasket but wouldn't guarantee it solved the problem. It's ruined the sunroof motor and eaten the contacts on the light switches so I've actually had to drill the circuit board to fix new wires for the interior lights. I solved the problem in the only way I could whichwas to put a bead of translucent silicone sealant all the way round and never open the sunroof. great eh?

If you think that is a bit too drastic for you then please please wrap the plug on the immobiliser with plastic and tape to make it waterproof or you'll be yet one more soul in a petrol station on a rainy day unable to start the car. And don't forget the umbrella for the passenger.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome