Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #175 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Found this amazing site via Google, what an brilliant resource for those who begrudge paying main dealers a days salary for an hours labour!

So, fan speeds 1 & 2 on our Scenic II 2004 (manual heating & A/C) stopped working a few months ago. Frustrating, but not bad enough to justify a costly repair.

But, went to use the aircon yesterday and found that it is only 'clicking in' when the fan speed control is set to position 1 (where the fan isn't working). Turn the control to position 2 (where the fan also isn't working) and the A/C clicks off. Move the control to position 3 & 4 and the fan kicks in but the A/C still doesn't click in. Bugger.

So, read through this great post from start to finish, and empowered with knowledge (and some nice skinny arms) I went to work.

Got to the loom, unscrewed the resistor pack and gave the red/black cables a yank without too much trouble (thanks aahbarnes, love your work!)

Then took a close look at the connectors; it appears that I have the original loom and resistor pack, and there are no visible problems with the connectors (no signs of meltdown at all). So, firmly disconnected and reconnected the connector a few times to clean up the contacts (we live in hope), but once reassembled the same problems persisted.

So, I'm hoping one of you smart people might be able to give me some advice on the points below:

1) If the connectors look OK, is it likely that the resistor pack alone is just faulty? Would that explain the issues detailed above with the fan & A/C?

2) Can I replace just the resistor pack? Will a new one work with the old loom?

Thanks in advance...
Currently in stickynicky's garage:
Scenic II 1.6 Petrol Dynamique 2005
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome