Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Central locking operation questions???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Central locking operation questions???

I have recently bought my first scenic on an 02 plate.

I do not have an owners manual yet for it, and have some questions regarding the central locking.

1. What is the small black central locking symbol on the upper panel by the front interior lights???

2. I also have a switch which has a 'X' on it down by the drivers right leg next to the rear window switches.
I was told this was for the central locking but it doesn't appear to do anything.....

3. When the car is locked externally with the key fob, is there an indication that it is locked and alarmed???
Haven't noticed a flashing LED or anything, and had that horrible feeling when walking away from locking it in a carpark of having no sign it is locked..........

4. No idea if its even connected to the central locking or not, but what is the small black bobble thing that sticks out from the bottom of the passenger mirror???

Hope somebody can answer these questions.

Thanks in advance.
Currently in cosrush's garage:
2002 (52) Renault Scenic 1.9Dti Fidji
  5 Lastest Threads by cosrush
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Fidji DTi. Fuel filter change??? Engines cosrush 10 3470 7th January 2009 05:45 PM
Scenic DTi new battery code? Electronics cosrush 8 1837 6th January 2009 05:24 PM
Renault Scenic - Knock Over Bumps*fixed with how... Scenic Charliehigh2016 64 79924 3rd December 2006 11:43 AM
Scenic Headlight adjustment (misaligned) Cars & motoring westernfirebrand 4 7145 22nd November 2006 03:25 PM
Strange knocking/rubbing noise from under... Cars & motoring cosrush 3 1942 11th November 2006 11:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome