Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #202 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by brigatti
Unfortunately, it looks like I have exhasted all avenues of communications (via conventional mail) with unsupportive Renault.

That's exactly what they want you to think. I think you need to press VOSA for their observations and grounds for decisions made. Who is the ombudsman for claims of this type anyway? Have you considered writing to the media, e.g. auto express? Or even the wider circulation media? I seem to remember auto express have a desk you can phone specificallyto complain against manufacturers and their services; unfortunately I don't remember the details but try emailing they will probably be interested.

I sent my letter to Alex Phelan, cc'd Renault UK MD and Renault CEO, and within a few days already rec'd a reply back - sounded like they didn't need to get this reviewed through their legal teams - at least it was short and straight to the point! (See attachment)

The stage would have been set well before any of this started... more like a contingency plan or company policy.

My only avenue left is via the formal legal route, and I am looking to obtain a legal understanding behind this case, and see whether there is sufficient evidence to proceed with a class action against Renault. It would be good to hear whether the other folks who experienced the similar incidents, would intend to join the Class Action if I am able to file this. Please advise - thanks... :
As I don't even have a Clio, I can't join in any action but what do you propose to do, get legal advice or push it through the small claims court yourself?
They naturally think you won't go to the expense of initializing litigation... pity we don't have any barrister members who could advise you whether you should push it or drop it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome