Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Motorway Madness - A Rant

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Re: Motorway Madness - A Rant

I wholly concur with everything you have ranted pal

Motorway driving should be a pleasure and get you from a-b quickly and efficiently! It is the minority of drivers which make it an impossibility to do this because of their ignorance or sheer foolishness!

One thing you didn't mention is lane hoggers! You have three lanes, they are not the slow lane, medium lane and fast lane like many seem to think they are! Every driver should be in the inside lane until they need to pass a vehicle going slower than them....that's the highway code! Yet you see, every day, people trundling along in the outside lane when there are absolutely no cars in the two inner lanes....that really gets my goat!

Also, inconsiderate ****s that join a busy junction and cut straight across all lanes [in one manoeuvre] to get into the outside lane. This has the effect you mentioned of making someone brake which starts the chain reaction!

You have heard right regarding the chain reaction by the way. Think about it, how many times have you been on a m-way and the signs have been flashing 40mph for a good few miles. You expect an accident or large articulated vehicle or some such but no....nothing, the queue just suddenly opens up to a clear m-way in a heartbeat. This, I believe, is all down to those that are inconsiderate/ignorant or uncomfortable on the m-way and creating the chain reaction which forces the highways agency to flash the signs. they will say it's to keep the traffic flowing but I don't believe this at all.........keeping traffic moving at 70mph surely has the same effect as traffic moving at 40mph....just that it takes longer

Ahh, thanks for that

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome