Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic2 Window Winder fix - with Pix

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic2 Window Winder fix - with Pix

I was stuck in a shopping centre carpark wiith my front drivers side window down, not coming up beyond an inch.
I have already replaced a rear window regulator and realised that it isn't so much the weak design of the regulator as it is the steel cables getting knotted and putting it under too much strain.
Anyway, resigning myself to an evening of unwinding the cable and winding it on again, I took the door apart.
Then, about to go at the mechanism itself I decided to have a quick look at the fault on the inside.
I plugged the electric window controls back in, turned on the ignition and pressed the appropriate buttons.
Sure enough the window goes down but only an inch up, before hiding back down below the sill again.
I had a feel about at the cabling behind and it all seemed in order.
Then I saw the problem.
The lower spring, the thing that allows the window a soft stop when lowered was in place but the upper one had, somehow, slid down and was resting just above, resulting in the fault.
So, I simply re-seated the spring and Presto! The window works again!

Thank the gods I tried it out before continuing taking the thing apart or I would have been knee deep in parts, bits and bobs!
Currently in ciderman1's garage:
04 Renault Scenic II, 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome