Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - espace seat wiring

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
espace seat wiring

Hi Knowlesy et al, back again,
My w reg 2.0l petrol espace alize rebuild progresses slowly! The existing front passenger seat in my vehicle with its blown airbag has a wiring oddity.
From the airbag, a black wire soldered into a black/red from the floor, and a blue/brown into a blue/purple from the floor, and a brown with a bullet connector, which i know where that goes.
From the seat belt switch, a grey and a pink wire go into a yellow connector, clipped to the underside of the front passenger seat frame connected to nothing.
From the unit at the side of the seat a black/white is soldered into a purple/blue from the floor, and a purple/white is soldered into a black/white from the floor.
Now then, My replacement seat from a 51 2.2cdi has no seat belt wiring. does this matter? The wires from the air bag are one brown, one black, and the bullet connector, and the wires from the side are purple/white, and black/white.
I hate auto electrics, especially when someone has been there first!
I would guess the seat in my espace wasn't original, and that the previous owner fixed the poor connectors permanently. Fine. Am I safe to assume that connections made from the floor to the side were ok and I can do the same. On the airbag wires, which of the wires correspend to each, I don't want to blow the new bag when I connect the battery? And I can only assume the seat belt wiring doesn't matter for the passenger seat. Ideas on a post card to 'Slightly perplexed WOTAVIDONE'.
Currently in wotavidone's garage:
home re-built w espace 2.0i write off. Good as new!
  5 Lastest Threads by wotavidone
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mk3 espace rear brake calipers Wheels & tyres jack daniels 3 1525 21st September 2006 06:21 PM
mk3 espace near side front wheel wiring Electronics stevie 2 853 21st September 2006 06:12 PM
espace seat wiring Cars & motoring wotavidone 2 1096 3rd September 2006 08:29 PM
boot Cars & motoring wotavidone 2 961 4th August 2006 08:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome