Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Number Plate Light Blowing Fuse*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio 2 - Number Plate Light Blowing Fuse*FIXED*

Hello. My number plate light has stopped working. I have changed the bulb but still it doesn't work. It keeps blowing the fuse (F26 10amp).

I see in the Haynes that it runs from the same source as the left side light and the left tail light. If I put in a new fuse, remove the number plate bulb and then switch the lights on, the tail light and side light work fine. Soon as I put in the number plate bulb, the fuse blows and the side light and tail light obviously go out with it.

I am assuming a short circuit? But using my basic knowledge, i've seen the power wire (blue) coming from the rear tail light into the number plate light, inspected it and that looks in good condition. Also, the earth (black wire) from the number plate light looks ok, upto the point where I can see it, which is just behind the panel holding one of the boot lights.

Please, any ideas and help?
Currently in diyDiscovery's garage:
Renault Clio 1.2 16v (2004)
  5 Lastest Threads by diyDiscovery
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 2 - Number Plate Light Blowing... Clio diyDiscovery 10 12046 5th July 2011 09:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome