Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Timing belt kit UK price please???

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2011
Recycled Scenic
Re: Timing belt kit UK price please???

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
I'm buying one of these soon and I'm paying around 115 mate..

300 is ridiculous
I'm sure if you were driving a Holden here in the UK you would have to pay silly prices for parts being shipped over from Australia.

I assume that's for your Laguna? Well it will cheaper as the 1.8 F4P & 2.0 F4R engines fitted in the Laguna from around 2001 are the newer generation engine and have a cam belt driven water pump and have only 1 guide roller and tensioner.

The older generation F4P & F4R engines as fitted in the Scenic up to 2003 2wd & 4wd models like OzRX4's RX4 and 2.0 Clio up to 2005 have an auxiliary driven water pump and 2 guide rollers and tensioner which makes the timing belt kit more expensive.

The belt widths are both the same but there is 1 tooth difference between the 2 belts.

I have it on good authority that globally there are actually only 3 factories that produce automotive cam belts. I recently bought a FAI cam belt kit for the 1.8 F4P engine above for 63.98 including P&P which was made in the USA. IMO better than 115

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome