Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - ABS + SERV Lights On*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Clio 2 - ABS + SERV Lights On*FIXED*

I have recently had the same issues. Since getting the brake pads done for the MOT I had the SERV and ABS lights on now and again. Put up with it for a few weeks, where going up to a junction then normal braking, the ABS would try to unlock a wheel that wasn't even locking! Eventually the dash lights would come on, and the car would be better driving as the ABS would simply not be active and it would still have old fashioned brakes. I repaired this simply by removing the ABS sensors on each wheel, then checking the inductor rings for breaks. None were found, so check and clean the sensors and put back in. Put them back using feeler gauges to the specification (can be found online) between the sensor and the teeth of the ring. This cured it and it has been fine ever since. Moral is, check the distance between the ABS sensors and the teeth of the rings using feeler gauges and if need be, use wee washers to increase the distance to spec.
Currently in FifeClio's garage:
2003 Clio 1.2 16v; 2005 Zafira 2.0tdi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome