Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag II Initiale stereo

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I did a quick search on Google, and found some pictures of the Alpine AI-Net cable ends. I certainly don't recall seeing anything like it on the back of the standard Laguna II head unit, and the connector that goes to the CD changer (I had to remove the changer when doing the towbar wiring) looks nothing like it. Maybe it's an older Alpine wiring convention (I'm not sure when AI-Net came in, but Renault have been using the same changer since at least 1998) or maybe it's a Renault specific interface that Alpine agreed to use on this custom job.

I'm not sure why you're that worried about losing the stereo display. One of the worst things about Carminat is the way the sat-nav, stereo and vehicle status monitor fight each other for display space on the LCD. I reckon moving one of those features elsewhere would be a blessing. But if you really want to keep the display, I don't think there's anything 'clever' about the driver - it looks like it just emulates the remote display that's fitted on models without sat-nav, so I reckon the interface for that would work fine.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome