Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mileage clocked ARGGGGHHH!!

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Mileage clocked ARGGGGHHH!!

take all the paperwork and the car to your local dealership, they can do a full history service check and print the lot out for you (FREE!) especcially if there is a milage discrepancy recorded.

find out if the seller has any other service paperwork for things such as speedo clocks or work done on the steering column lock as i think the milage is recorded on the column lock via the cam-bus.(i think!)

if you can find out where the car has been over the period that the milage went wonky, you should be able to hunt down the garage that did the repairs and get copies of any service reciepts (they have to keep all reciepts (copies/stubs) for up to at least 5 years i think? for Tax/DOT records)

if the clocks/lock were changed by a garage they should have had the car re-clocked to the nearest milage recorded or to the last mot record log by the nearest reno dealer.

it should be possible to see if the speedo is the original, as most major electrical items on the renaults are factory pre-coded to the chassis number.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome