Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #205 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2011
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Originally Posted by ewing999 View Post
Hi, I know this post was some years ago, but I find myself in the same position regarding the EGR valve. I live quite a distance from a Renault dealer so I was wondering if you had to replace the EGR gasket when you cleaned yours?

Ewing you tried contacting via PM but your inbox is full so heres is my advice.

The valve is probably just jamed up with black carbon and yes they cane be a devil to remove.

Firstly WD40 is no good at softening the carbon - get yourself a can of carb cleaner - preferably one with a extension tube.

You'l need to remove the stop damper valve on the end of the inlket manifold and if you feel inside you'll find a connecting port which leads down to the EGR valve. If you can squirt some carb cleaner into the port and some around the outer edges of the valve hopefully that should help soften its grip.
Don't try to force the valve outwards as it likely to break - using a small punch or such try and tap it back and forth in a circular motion constantly applying carb cleaner. It took me two hours before I got the valve on my prevous LAG II to move so be patient.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome