Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault scenic 2003 Front Fog light not working.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Renault scenic 2003 Front Fog light not working.

I have a Renault Scenic 1.6 Fidji and the front fog light passenger side isn't working. I thought this was the bulb so off i went to the Renault dealer to find the part. The first thing that the parts guy said was, "are you sure its the bulb and have you tried the bulb from the working light to make sure, because you may need the whole light fitting." Well i hadn't done this but I purchased the bulb anyway, cost 5.67 inc vat. The whole unit is 50+. Changing the bulb is easy. Light assembly reached from underneath car. Unplug cable then use 8mm ring spanner to undo and take out screw, light housing becomes loose, twist anti-clockwise and pull out light bulb. Pull bulb out of housing and replace. Put everything back reverse of above. But the light still doesn't work. Do i need to replace the whole thing as the dealer seemed to believe or could this be an electrical problem. Has anyone got any ideas.
Currently in markm118's garage:
2003 Renault scenic 1.6 fidji
  5 Lastest Threads by markm118
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault scenic 2003 Front Fog light not working. Cars & motoring nthesx 3 4241 5th September 2006 07:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome