Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just bought a warranty from Warranty Direct . . .

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Just bought a warranty from Warranty Direct . . .

Hi all,

Just thought I'd announce my pretty good deal (negotiated over the phone) on a warranty for my 2005 Megane Tourer which currently has 67,500 miles on the clock.

I got a 12 month warranty for 200.00, and they also included the (usually paid-for optional extra) of cover for airbags and emissions.

It's an independant garage warranty which means they will cover the cost of any insured-part repairs upto the value of the car, minus the 50 excess plus 10% of the parts as my car has over 60,000 miles.

They will cover all labour costs (upto the value of 60.00 p/h. The Franchised dealer warranty would have cost about 75.00 more, and covered upto 200.00 p/h.)

I'll get the full terms and conditions soon but in essence they cover everything other than the consumables such as brake pads etc.

However, if one of these consumables is damaged / destroyed due to failure of an insured part, this consumable would be replaced during repairs.

On the other hand if an insured part was damaged / destroyed due to failure of a consumable part, the insured part would still be covered.

Any thoughts? Warranty direct have mainly good reviews but a couple of bad ones, but they just look to me like a bit of bad luck....

Currently in andyellis111's garage:
2014 Renault Megane Sport Tourer 1.6dci 130 GT Line TomTom SS with black and cream leather heated seats
  5 Lastest Threads by andyellis111
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Indicator relay / flasher - where is it? Electronics Nottnoc 2 1011 22nd April 2015 05:27 AM
Looking for ignition feed for auto dimming mirror Electronics andyellis111 5 888 10th January 2015 08:16 AM
Project: Integrated Electric Gate remote Electronics spacecadet 5 851 24th November 2014 06:43 PM
Hello I'm back! Collecting my new car on... Welcome to RenaultForums HeatherJ 6 983 23rd November 2014 08:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome