Join Date: Sep 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
R21 Alarm system partially functional
Hi there. I'm a bit on a tight spot as I'm on a trip in Spain for about one more month.
The alarm system on my renault 21 got disconected at a wire coming out of the back of the key slot (those that use funny round slotted keys) which is located inside the car deep below the instrument panel near the steering column. When I looked to see what happened I reconnected it but now my alarm only works partially. Oh, and being a second hand car (or is it more like fourth hand?) I don't have that key!
1) The fob works fine, it opens/closes central locking system and activates alarm
2) Red alarm led does not blink slowly when activated but rather blinks quickly
3) The inmobilizer works fine. I've tried turning the car on with the alarm activated and it won't go.
3) I've got two space sensors inside the car but they don't seem to detect movement as the alarm does not fire with movement inside
4) The siren doesn't sound when the alarm is fired although the hazards do start blinking.
Any ideas out there what I can do because I would really like to avoid going into a mechanic in Seville, Spain and I need that alarm to be fully functional (sadly someone has already nicked my stereo two days ago).
Currently in Dr.Mc_Koy's garage:
1992 Renault 21 2.0i