Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylinder

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Clutch pedal stays down ? = Master Cylind

I happened to come across this thread as I was browsing for "sinking clutch pedals" on MkII Laguna's. I just bought at 2002 Laguna DCi with 90,000. It runs like a dream, but sometimes the clutch pedal has "sunk" overnight. Once I've flicked it back up with my foot it doesn't appear to be remotely faulty, and is even nice and light to use. I just went to a Mr Clutch shop to seek their advice, they said it's probably the master and/or slave cylinder starting to fail. They couldn't see any fluid anywhere, so just told me to keep my eye on it for now. However, I asked about the price of replacing, and they said 500, and possibly another 500 if something else needed replacing (didn't hear exactly what as was just recovering from a heart-attack, I think it was a dual-flywheel or something??). Anyway, are they having me on, or is this how much its actually likely to cost? I just read that you replaced a cylinder yourself, so how can a clutch place be asking for this kind of money?

Any advice appreciated.
Currently in quicklyman's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9 Dci Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome