Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - bodywork warranty

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 29th July 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: bodywork warranty

Originally Posted by inez View Post
I recently noticed what looks like corrosion under the paint finish in the rear panel just above the rear window (2005 Clio 1.2 Extreme 4). Otherwise the bodywork is immaculate (and I really mean immaculate). Yesterday I had the car inspected at a Authorised Renault facility. It transpires that there is evidence of paint overspray on a small section of the window rubber seal where the inspector believes the area has not been properly taped during what he calls a "blow in" . I can see exactly what he means, but I am astonished since I bought the car from New (7 delivery miles on the clock) and it has never had any bodywork/paint repairs. All services and timing belt replacements have been done according to Renault service recommendations at Approved Renault Network workshops ie a full service history within the Renault Network. I am waiting on Renaults consideration of my problem, but am concerned that some sort of unauthorised repair has been carried out by the Renault Dealership (Now defunct) prior to delivery of my Clio. At least that is what the inspector believes. This seems to make sense since the Renault workshops carring out sevicing of my Clio never had the car for any longer than 3-4 hours at a time. I should point out that the car was sold as a pre registered car, registered by the dealer 8 days before I took delivery and the car re- registered by me in my name. I fully expect Renault to decline my claim for waranty work on the basis that an undocumented, unauthorised repair of some kind has been carried out even though the only work done to the car has been carried out during manufacturers recommended servicing within the manufacturers Network (Renault). Has anyone had similar experience and can anyone advise me on the best way forward in the likely event that my claim will be rejected by the manufacturer?
Thanks for your response, never used a forum for a post of my own before, so I'm impressed with your answer.
You are spot on in that I am concerned how this will develop through time.
I must say that at this point the area of concern is not easily spotted. The paintwork finish has not been broken through and affected paint surface has to be viewed at an acute angle in sunlight before it can be seen. . Recommended interval between services/body inspections is 2 years for this Clio. The last service was done Sept 2009 and it is due it's next one this Sept coming. I suppose the could have been missed during the service inspections done in 2007 & 2009, if it was even visable at all back then. In addition the car is and always has been in immaculate condition and to be honest I could understand any inspection of the paintwork as being a cursary one.
Any repair seems to have held good for almost 6 years now so in my ignorance of these matters I'm not sure if I should class it as "shoddy"? I will of course have to await the detail of Renaults deliberations before I seek any evidence to support any future grievience I may have, but with your history you are obviously well experienced in these matters. Do you see a possible reasonable outcome as my having to bear some of the cost of any repair?
Again thank you for your interest and I intend to let you know how things develope.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome