Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 3.0v6 24v initiale fully loaded

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 30th July 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna 3.0v6 24v initiale fully loaded

Having owned numerous cars with this V6 engine I can conclude that they are rather prone to oil leaks! Usually from the rocker cover. My Laguna V6 leaked a bit, and now the Avantime has developed a rather heavy leak... my driveway ain't the cleanest at the mo! Also, ignition coils give up pretty often. The engine management light flashes as the car ticks over, and you can feel the car only running on five cylinders. An easy fix, £25 each from GSF car parts and can be changed at home if you have any mechanical experience at all. The rear ones aren't too bad to change, just a bit more time consuming, but still a driveway job for a nice day!

However, it is an excellent engine. Beautifully smooth, loads of power and they can be picked up a lot cheaper than the equivalent diesel model. The money you save buying the V6 can go towards it's drinking habit
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome