Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old 31st July 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Arrow Re: Air recirculating flap clicking ~ FIX

Originally Posted by sinip View Post
Regarding flap: I poked around just now looking at state of everything: in fuse box i saw a fuse for the air recirculation system, took it out and turned ignition: no noise, no recirculation motor kicking in. I put fuse back in, in case i'm being stupid, like disactivating the air con as well, but the normal fan was fine. But, is it a fix or no? Would any other problems arise from pulling fuse out permanently?
I've just checked my owners manual and there is no mention of a separate fuse for the air recirculation system, only one for the heating/AC fan and another for the actual AC system.
As peterandiene has said:
As a temporary measure I have pulled the heater fan fuse which also controls the recirc flap solenoid. Unfortunately I can't now demist quickly.
so I think I'm in the same boat - ie I can't just remove the fuse to the flap without also disabling the fan.
It therefore looks like I'll be resorting to suckedsmarty's guide to disconnecting the power to the flap motor (thanks for the pics, suckedsmarty ).
Assuming I'm able to successfully disconnect the flap motor, that just leaves the problem of how to remove / replace the assembly, or at least jam the flap open so that it doesn't bang whenever you close the car door.
keat has stated:
Mine is the aircon model, so rather tricky to get at.
I removed the gear to find a broken tooth.
With the gear removed alltogether, the flap bounces up and down everytime you close the doors. The way I overcam it was to refit the gear slightly out of alignment, then remove the cable connection..
Mine is now locked 50/50
so he's says it's "tricky" but doesn't expand any further.
As I understand it, it's not possible to access the assembly from the footwell on cars fitted with AC without removing the full dashboard (hence the exorbitant prices quoted for a full replacement) so I'd be interested to hear how keat approached this. Also, I know people have said they've simply jammed the flap open without having to remove the whole assembly, with the use of a cable tie etc - again, I'd be interested to hear exactly how this is achieved.

I know this thread has been around for some time (and another thread which has been around even longer!!) so hopefully more people who have resolved their issue will come back and share their experiences for the benefit of others.

Also, I know that multiple threads on this subject have been merged in the past, so it may be worthwhile merging this thread with the other one which dates back to 20/9/05:
Renault Megane 1 - Clicking Noise From Dashboard On Start Up

Currently in CestDynamique's garage:
2002 Phase I Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique+
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome