Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2 steering lock - replacement

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 6th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
update on the replacement steering lock

Thanks for the info - As I'm trade (body accident repairs) I told the service manager I would supply the Used lock. Next day I get a call to say you can't reprogam them so you'll have to have a new one from us. I says no way - the car doesn't owe us a lot I'd sooner break it for spares, so I tow it away 45 lighter for them attempting (but failing to communicate) with it on the clip program.

I decide to inspect the old lock and find the Safety solenoid is burnt out, so I swop the circuit board (with the programmed details) to the used lock with the good solenoid and operation motor. Just a few micro connectors to slip off. Hey presto - job done !!!!!!!!

The board is now happy that the solenoid is good and tells the UCH all is well. Five minutes later with the Unit pinned back in the column we are back on the road. perfecto.

Cost = 1 used lock (20 +vat) and 15 minutes time. Price at Renault franchise circa 363 + vat.

Thanks for the reply though.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome