Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace MkIV Roof Bars

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2011
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Load capacities

Originally Posted by ngarnett View Post
Hi Truckbusuk, I am about to go on holiday. I have the Grand Espace (2004) and don't trust the OEM roof bars either. I already have some Thule aero bars and was about about to order Thule feet and adapter as you kindly specified in your thread. However, people I am ordering from say this is only suitable for Espace and not Grand??? I this just an oversight on their part or is this true? Sorry if asking a silly question, but as you rightly state in your post it is an important thing to get right. Cheers Nick

Hello Nick, I'm not aware that the track profile on the Grand is any different than the normal Espace IV, its just longer ... that said I'd check with Thule (web config tool) or phone and ask to speak to technical support, youll get a bit of resistance from the switchboard/helpdesk operators, but if you insist they will put you through, you can then discuss it with the technical support guys who I have found to be very helpful over the years.

Hope it helps.

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
The Following User Says Thank You to Truckbusuk For This Useful Post:
ngarnett (2nd August 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome